Stormrider!

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Not Much About Writing


Not much on writing this time around I'm afraid, because, well, I admit it, I took a vacation. Not a very long vacation, but one of those nonetheless.

I highly recommend it. Everyone should do it in some fashion, even writers. It helps recharge the batteries. I ran away to LA; Malibu, Santa Monica, Pointe Dume, Farmer's Market Dining and Disneyland! Spent time with people I love and played like a kid.

It doesn't really matter what we do when we take a break, whether we spend very little or big bucks, it's the break that matters.

It was tempting to check my email or go online briefly, and I could have, but I chose not to. No computers, keyboards, facebook or twitter. Just some quiet and fun time. Even kept my cell phone off - checking only for emergency messages and there were none. We really can live without computers you know, we've just convinced ourselves we can't. Admittedly few of us would want to go back, to give up computers altogether, but a break is a very good thing.

Maybe you should take one too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts Of Interest:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...