Stormrider!

Monday, December 17, 2012

Blog Hop Next Big Thing



I have been asked by Jim Wright of the blog OlBigJim and author of New Yesterdays  to take  part in a blog chain called The Next Big Thing in which an author answers ten questions about his/her next (or most in need of a push) book. At the end of the blog post I must ‘tag’ other authors and they answer on their blog the following week. And, we all put it on our blogs and Facebook pages, and/or tweet it.”

So here we go --- 

And these are the 10 questions:

1) What is the title of your book?

The title of my book is “Stormrider”.

2) Where did the idea come from?

I've always had a great love for wolves, adventure and fantasy. It all kind  of came together when the first seeds of the idea came to me a few years back - then those seeds sat around before they germinated. Where an idea comes from is always hard for me to answer. It's usually just some little thing that starts the process - but there are many 'seeds' that never seem to get going. Because of my particular love for animals - and wolves - and elements of SciFi this one really took root.


3) What genre best defines your book?

I guess I'd have to say Fantasy but there are a number of SciFi elements in it as well. I'm getting positive reviews from folks who've put it in both and some who want to call it a romance.  Really???  Hmm, hard to cram it into a box.  How about just a great read?


4) What actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie?

LOL - no idea whatsoever. Maybe Angelina Jolie as the lead, Stormrider because she does physical action so well.

 5) What is the one-sentence synopsis?

There's a whole lot more than wolves coming - how much more?

6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

It is published at Kindle on Amazon by The Fictionworks. I'm contemplating adding a paperback version a little later in 2013

7) How long did it take you to write the first draft?

Maybe three months.  I was holding down a full time job at the time so couldn't dedicate as much time at a stretch as I would have liked to then.

8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

I don't like to compare my story to others in my genre (if I even came close to defining that above). It's strong on adventure, touched with a bit of philosophy, spiced with SciFi and stands on it's own. There was no model in mind when I originated it.

9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?

My own love of Fantasy, SciFi and the strength of friendship - between people and between people and animals.

10) What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?

It's set on a world in turmoil and Stormrider, dedicated protector of the people, by finding the Amulet which has been stolen, can help bring order and peace to her world. But, because she is believed dead by the Cirlce of Nine who'd sent her on her mission, they send a Bounty Hunter, a mercenary to complete her mission and she ends up rescuing him. After that the sparks fly pretty much everywhere and it is the wovles who've come together in a pack including Stormrider, who guide the mission.


Now, I must pass The Next Big Thing to five more victims… erm, friends. (a direct quote from Big Jim)

Watch for the answers provided by my nominees and support their efforts by picking up a copy of their books. If you like them let them know by posting a review. It’s your praise and criticism that keep us going!

And, the nominees are:

V.K. Ramsey, author of The Third Key (Guarding The LIght Part 1)  
and 
Jim Murray, author of Lethal Medicine and State of Illusion. 

There were to be more folks tagged and responding, but unfortunately due to the time of year, my own insane schedule with getting a new computer, these brave volunteers are the ones I have to share with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other Posts Of Interest:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...